Sunset Industrial Park Bulkhead
Project Owner: Private Developer
Project Client: Hunter Roberts Construction Group
Project Cost: $25–$50 million
Project Duration: Phase 1 is 16 months, Phase 2 is 4 months
Simpson & Brown is working together with the construction manager and project engineer to establish the future distribution facility site. The team has been able to overcome issues with differing soil conditions, existing facility demolition, and a challenging project landscape to construct perimeter bulkhead and elevated platforms.
Simpson & Brown performed the following for the Sunset Industrial Park Bulkhead project:
- Demolition of existing bulkhead sheeting and timber relieving platforms.
- Installation of ~2,000 LF of bulkhead sheeting, ranging in lengths from 60 ft. long to 80 ft. long. All bulkhead sheeting gets a cast in place concrete sheeting cap.
- Installation of ~1,300 LF of closure wall sheeting, ranging in lengths from 35 ft. long to 65 ft. long. All closure wall sheeting gets a cast in place concrete sheeting cap.
- Installation of 590 each 24-inch diameter pipe piles, ranging in lengths from 60 ft. long to 160 ft. long. Piles were driven using a combination of vibratory hammers and impact hammers driven from both land and water.
- Installation of 62 each precast concrete pile caps.
- Installation of ~60,000 SF of precast concrete planks.
- Installation of 42 tie rods.
- Installation of 72 soil anchors (76 mm hollow bar x ~100 LF/EA).
- Installation of ~60,000 SF of 6” thick cast in place topping slab.