Broadway Phase I Mantua Terminal Expansion
Project Owner: Buckeye Partners, L.P.
Project Client: Buckeye Partners, L.P.
Project Cost: $980,000
Project Duration: 3 months
This project was located in Mantua, Ohio. Some challenges of working in a different state included: proximity of work location to home office, establishing new vendors for material and equipment needs and establishing relationships with local labor affiliates. The start of the project was delayed into the winter months; winter conditions proved a major factor during construction.
- Expand existing containment dyke to accommodate new 120’ diameter tank
- Improve existing soils with a bentonite clay mixing process to improve impermeability of existing soils to achieve containment needs
- Construction of new gravel roadways around expanded dyke areas
- Install new 120’ diameter ring wall foundation with reinforced interior geogrid and structural fill system
- Install GCL clay liner inside new ring wall
- Excavation for underground pipeline tie ins with concrete pipe supports